Vancouver acting school, offers affordable part-time Method acting classes and full-time acting program for film and theatre - free of debt Method acting training. Contact: 604 721 6459
Each student researches, designs, constructs, and realizes a time model of a production.
full-time directing program
Fees, length and conditions full-time programs Monthly Progressive full-time Method acting course. Start date - every month. 09:00 AM-12:00 PM, 4 days a week Tuition: 350.00 CAD per month Application form - full-time course
Directing beginners level - The Common Knowledge
- Practicum - Directing - The course introduces to the following themes: the discovery process; the director's motivation; the life of the play; the system of rules and norms; style.
- The Art of Directing - director's voice - Production's score shape, tempo-rhythm, pacing; planning, technical rehearsal. The work with a Stage manager; Special Rehearsals
- Expression in a image - The course is designed to introduce students to the artistic and technical part of the lighting process. Students work with supervisors to design, construct and assemble the lighting for upcoming theatre productions.
- Acting for Directors - Acting for directors opens a new, more practical aspect of performance work where students work in teams to experience professional ethic relationships. The course offers work on action and character; the network of relationships; understanding the story - the plot.
- Art Discussions - Discussions is designed to introduce the student to the variety of shapes, forms, shadows, and colours used in visual and dramatic arts. Students develop the skill of playing with images and expressing emotions through colors, shapes, and textures. This course aims at the expansion of the actors's imagination and creativity.
- Interpretation - Movement and space - The first encounter; understanding the character's action; the shape of drama; forming a concept.
- Text Analysis - Text Analysis teaches students to read and analyze dramatic text. Students determine the use of professional terminology such as obstacles, given circumstances, units, beats, and attitude in their research.
- Technical Production - Technical Production is designed to introduce director-student to make-up, costume, and hair design as well as to all assistant positions in a production team. Students work with supervisors to construct and assemble a set, costume and make-up.
- Making a Time Model - Improvization and direction - Each student researches, designs, constructs, and realizes a time model of a production. The course is conducted through weekly tutorials and discussions on model time design techniques and approaches to problem solving. Class content includes revision of basic principles, organizational skills, scheduling, and working time/space organization.